Hello weekend! While we all prepare to put our clocks forward, we here at the Golazo Starting XI newsletter are counting down the days and hours until its release CBS Sports Golazo Network, a first-of-its-kind 24/7 free streaming network in the United States dedicated to the Beautiful Game. Mark your calendars for the April 11th release!
Igor Mello and Mike Goodman put together this special edition of the newsletter to share the details of this exciting news. Let’s get to it!
New to Golazo’s Starting XI newsletter? Get the best deal in football and subscribe now to ensure you receive updates three times a week.
Check the opt-in box to confirm you want to join.
Thanks for subscribing!
Monitor your inbox.
An error occurred while processing your subscription.
📺 Top picks
All times USA/East.
🇮🇹 Serie A: Spezia vs. Inter, 2:45 p.m. ➡️ Paramount+
🇮🇹 Serie A: Napoli vs. Atalanta, 12 p.m. ➡️ Paramount+
Women’s Super League: Chelsea vs Man United, 8.30am ➡️ CBS Sports Network
Women’s Super League: Arsenal v Reading, 2.45pm ➡️ Paramount+
🇮🇹 Serie A: Juventus vs. Sampdoria, 3:45 p.m. ➡️ Paramount+
🇦🇷 Argentina: River Plate vs. Godoy Cruz, 6:15 p.m. ➡️ Paramount+
🇦🇷 Argentina: Banfield vs. Boca Juniors, 8:30 p.m. ➡️ Paramount+
All times USA/East.
Premier League: Bournemouth v Liverpool, 7.30am.
Premier League: Leicester v Chelsea, 10am
🇺🇸 MLS: Charlotte FC vs. Atlanta United, 12 p.m.
Premier League: Crystal Palace v Manchester City, 12.30pm
Premier League: Fulham v Arsenal, 10am
🇺🇸 MLS: LAFC vs. New England Revolution, 10:30 p.m.
Meet the ‘Morning Footy’ crew.
The cat is out of the bag. CBS Sports Golazo Network is coming your way on April 11, starting with its flagship morning show “Morning Footy” from 7-9 am ET with a cast of characters covering the ins and outs of the game at home and abroad. What better way to start your day than with a cup of coffee and some ‘Morning Footy’ on your display device of choice? Let’s meet the familiar faces of the show:
- Susanna Collins: Your ‘Morning Footy’ presenter, anchoring the programme. Collins previously worked in Major League Soccer as a host and reporter and co-hosted and co-created the league’s first all-female podcast, “The Call Up.”
- Nico Kantor: Best known as the host of “The Golazo Show,” CBS Sports’ live program for UEFA club matches on Paramount+ and CBS Sports Network, Cantor joins Collins as host of “Morning Footy.” Cantor also contributes as a reporter to CBS Sports’ Concacaf coverage and UEFA Champions League Today.
- Charlie Davis: The retired United States men’s national team forward has served as a studio analyst for CBS Sports’ Concacaf coverage and will do the same for “Morning Footy.” Davies, a former analyst for both Major League Soccer and the New England Revolution, is also part of the CBS Sports podcast “In Soccer We Trust” with former USMNT players Jimmy Conrad and Heath Pearce.
- Alexis Guerreros: Co-host and creator of “The Cooligans,” a football comedy podcast, Guerreros joins the fray as an analyst for the morning show. He’s been a professional comedian for 13 years with several Comedy Central sketches under his belt, as well as voicing three characters on Netflix’s iconic animated comedy, “BoJack Horseman.”
- Jenny Tsiou: The former Mexico women’s national team player joins the crew as a reporter on the show, providing the latest updates from the day’s top stories from the world of soccer. Chiu has served as a reporter on a number of CBS Sports properties, including the Champions League, Europa League, Concacaf and NWSL.
And remember, all your soccer needs — from Champions League to Serie A to NWSL and more — are available on Paramount+. You can try one month free using the code: ADVANCE.
Sponsored by Paramount+
CBS Sports Golazo Network: What you need to know
Outside of the network which includes a daily morning show, you can expect news coverage, live matches, football highlights and more. We’ll have something for everyone, whether you’re a die-hard or just getting into the Beautiful Game. Here’s the bottom line:
- It’s free
- It’s 24 hour football coverage, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- It’s available on CBSSports.com, the CBS Sports app, Pluto TV and Paramount+
- I mentioned that it is Free?
We are not finished. The CBS Sports Golazo Network will be refreshed and provide pre- and post-game analysis from big games. You can also expect magazine shows, movies from Paramount+ and original programming, including “Stories From the Beautiful Game.” This includes ‘The Only’, a documentary focusing on American women’s star goalkeeper Briana Scarry, ‘Sir Alex Ferguson: Don’t Give Up’ and ‘Black and White Stripes: The Juventus Story’.
Stay tuned for more details ahead of the April 11 release.
The production is directed by Pete RadovichVice President of Production and Creative Director of CBS Sports, as well as Mike Nastrynetwork producer. Harold Bryant is the executive producer of CBS Sports.
And now let’s go to some links:
🔗 Sporting vs Arsenal was wild 🤪. Check out some of the highlights from the 2-2 first leg draw.
🔗 Happy Birthday to 🇺🇸 Clint Dempsey! Let’s rewind the tape to his best goal in UEL.
🔗 Seeing 🇧🇷 Antony going to work with his left foot, that’s a scary sight. 👻
🔗 Watch Union Berlin right back 🇭🇷 Josip Juranović take a perfect free kick. 🎯
🔗 Go to the Conference League where 🇯🇲 Michail Antonio said: Banger. 🔥
🔗 A cross or a goal? 🇲🇦 Ayoub Amraoui might have it best goal of the day.
🔗 After another quick exit ✌️in the Champions League, Jonathan Johnson see what’s next for PSG.
🔗 Don’t sleep 💤 up Bayern Munich as a contender for the Champions Leaguewrites Chuck Booth.
🔗 Jamie Carragher thinks Kylian Mbappe must leave PSG immediately 👋.
🔗 Manchester United 🔴 bounced back from the hammer from Liverpool by winning the Europa League.
🔗 Arsenal have a growing problem with defending set-pieces 🧩, writes James Benge.
🔗 With the Champions League quarter-finals almost decided, Benge has yours 📈 updated power ranking.
🔗 The Booth has all your details from Wednesday’s Champions League action 🎬.
🔗 Attacking Third: North Carolina Courage are next on the NWSL Season Preview List 📝.
🔗 House of Champions: Fabrizio Romano joins the show to talk all things Messi, 🇫🇷 PSG and more.
🔗 In Soccer We Trust: Pulisic and Reyna 🇺🇸 meet in the Champions League and the crew breaks it down
🔗 And remember, all your soccer needs — from Champions League to Serie A to NWSL and more — are available on Paramount+. 📺 You can try one month free using the code: ADVANCE.
💵 The best bets
All odds courtesy of Caesars Sportsbook and all times US/Eastern. SportsLine has you covered with this weekend’s best bets.
- Serie A: Napoli – Atalanta, Saturday, 12:00
💰 THE CHOICE: Napoli (-160) — People continue to underestimate Napoli. Even after suffering their second defeat of the season last time out away to Lazio, this team is simply playing miles ahead of everyone in Serie A and sits 23 points clear of their rivals in the table. Atalanta, by comparison, are just 24 points clear of the relegation zone. Napoli are favored by a chunk here, but the best teams in Europe are usually favored by even more in situations like this.
- Premier League: Tottenham v Nottingham Forest, Saturday, 10am
💰 THE CHOICE: Forest (+625) — The vibes are just terrible right now for Spurs. They were knocked out of the Champions League in midweek and before that they lost to Wolverhampton following their cup defeat to Championship side Sheffield United. They have a manager who doesn’t seem to want to be there and Richarlison is revolted. Sure, they have a lot more talent than Forest, but this is starting to feel like the wheels are falling off in North London.