Having suffered a 7-0 drubbing at the hands of champions Liverpool at the weekend, Man United manager Erik ten Hag will be looking for a response from his players as they take on Real Betis in this Europa League fixture this afternoon. round of 16 clash.
Sunday’s humiliating Premier League defeat was the heaviest defeat in the club’s history, abruptly ending an 11-game unbeaten run for United while also extinguishing talk of the Red Devils having an outside chance of winning the title.
Ten Hag will now be hoping their players haven’t been too hurt by the weekend’s events as they look to focus on a tournament they are currently still favorites to win.
Having overcome Spanish giants Barcelona in the last round, United face another outfit in La Liga as they face Real Betis Sevilla, currently fifth in the domestic league and coming off the back of a 0-0 draw with Real Madrid.
Below, we’ll outline the best live tv streaming services to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Man United vs Real Betis: When and where?
Man United host Real Betis at Old Trafford Thursday, March 9. Kick-off is set for 20:00 UK time (3 p.m. ET, 12 p.m. PT in the USand to 7 am AEST on Friday, March 10, in Australia).
How to watch Man United vs Real Betis online from anywhere using a VPN
If you can’t watch the game locally, you may need a different way to watch the game — that’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add a extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to access the game. So if your ISP or mobile provider is stuck with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can fix that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, non-blackout zone. Most VPNs, like ours Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legal subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should make sure your VPN is set up properly to avoid leaks: Even when VPNs are legitimate, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing properly enforced obfuscation restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great ones VPN Deals is taking place right now.
ExpressVPN is the current best VPN choice for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s usually $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of free access — the equivalent of $6.67 per month — if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Man United vs Real Betis live stream in USA
Thursday’s big game at Old Trafford will be available to stream on Paramount Plus, which has live US rights to every UEFA Europa League and Champions League match for the 2022-23 season.
Paramount Plus has two main subscription plans in the US: Essential for $5 per month ($50 per year if paid annually) and Premium for $10 per month ($100 per year). Both offer coverage of all Europa League and Champions League matches this season.
The cheaper Essential option has ads for on-demand streaming and lacks live CBS streams, as well as the ability to download shows to watch offline later. Newcomers to the service can take advantage of a 30-day free trial, while students can qualify for a 25% discount.
Read our Paramount Plus review.
Man United vs Real Betis live stream in UK
UK Europa League rights are held by BT Sport, with this game being broadcast on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate 4K channels. If you already have BT Sport as part of your TV package, you can stream the game via the BT Sport app, but cord cutters will want to set up a BT Sport Monthly Pass account to stream the game.
If you’re already a BT TV customer, you can get access to the BT Sport channels for £10 a month. BT Broadband customers can watch the channels via the BT Sport app for £16.
If you don’t want to be locked into a long-term contract, there’s also the option of the BT Sport Monthly Pass, which costs £30 a month and lets you stream all four BT Sport channels on iOS and Android devices, plus a wide range set-top boxes and smart TVs. It’s a one month rolling contract that you can cancel at any time.
Man United vs Real Betis live streaming in Canada
If you want to stream this game live in Canada, you will need to subscribe to DAZN Canada. The service has exclusive broadcasting rights for every Europa League match this season.
A DAZN subscription currently costs CA$25 per month or CA$200 per year and will also give you access to the Champions League and EFL football league, Six Nations rugby and WTA tennis.
In addition to dedicated apps for iOS and Android, there is a wide range of support for set-top boxes and smart TVs.
Live streaming of Man United vs Real Betis match in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this UEFA Europa League match on streaming service Stan Sport, which is showing every Europa League match live in Australia this season.
Stan Sport will set you back AU$10 per month (plus an AU$10 Stan subscription), but the streaming service currently offers a seven-day free trial.
A membership will also give you access to UEFA Champions League and Europa Conference League action, as well as international rugby and Formula E.
Quick tips for streaming the Europa League using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, your browser, your video streaming provider and your VPN — your experience and success when streaming Europa League matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble downloading the game after you’ve enabled your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, sign in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or the mobile access point you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network will now appear in the correct viewing position.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main website for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. Having a VPN on your router will also help here, as both devices seem to be in the right place.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to connect to your services. We usually recommend Brave.