This exciting Saturday morning clash at the Etihad sees an increasingly inconsistent Manchester City take on a Newcastle side hoping to bounce back from last weekend’s heartbreaking Carabao Cup final defeat.
City’s recent points against Spurs and Nottingham Forest have allowed Arsenal to open up a five-point cushion at the top of the English Premier League and boss Pep Guardiola will be determined not to let that gap grow any further this weekend.
While City have the league’s most lethal striker in the form of Erling Haaland, the Norwegian free-scoring star looks set to have a tough challenge on Saturday in adding to his 27 goals.
Boss Eddie Howe has made Newcastle a particularly tough nut to crack, with his side boasting the best defense in English football’s top four divisions, conceding just 15 goals in total and just six in their last 14 Premier League games.
Despite these stats, Newcastle have managed just four wins from their last 12 games. That run saw them drop out of the top four, and last Sunday’s defeat at Wembley by Manchester United likely dealt another blow to the Magpies’ morale.
Below, we’ll outline the best live TV streaming services to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Manchester City vs Newcastle United: When and where?
Manchester City host Newcastle at the Etihad Stadium Saturday March 3rd. Kick-off is set for 12.30pm UK time (7:30am ET, 4:30am PT in the US and 11:30pm AEST in Australia).
How to watch Man City vs Newcastle online from anywhere using a VPN
If you can’t watch the game locally, you may need a different way to watch the game — that’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add a extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to access the game. Most VPNs, like ours Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legal subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should make sure your VPN is set up properly to avoid leaks: Even when VPNs are legitimate, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing properly enforced obfuscation restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great ones VPN Deals is taking place right now.
ExpressVPN is the current best VPN choice for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s usually $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of free access — the equivalent of $6.67 per month — if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Man City vs Newcastle live stream in USA
This EPL clash is being broadcast on the USA Network, which you can access as part of your cable package or NBC Sports website with a valid connection and can be streamed via FuboTV and Sling TV.
FuboTV is one of the best sports streaming services for soccer fans and, especially for cord-cutters who want to watch the EPL, it carries the USA Network, which broadcasts many games not shown on the Peacock. It’s pricey, though, starting at $75 a month, so if you don’t plan on using FuboTV for the rest of its soccer access — including Serie A, Ligue 1, Liga MX and more — you might be better served by Sling Blue , which also carries USA Network from $40 a month.
Man City vs Newcastle live streaming in UK
UK Premier League rights are shared between Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime Video. Man City v Newcastle is exclusive to BT Sports — shown on BT Sports 1, BT Sports 1 HD and BT Sports Ultra. BT Sport can be obtained either directly through BT as part of one of their many TV bundles, or added to Sky and Virgin bundles if that’s your provider. You can also avoid any commitments and sign up for a BT Sport monthly pass for 30 days, contract-free.
BT’s 30-day pass offers full access to every BT Sport channel for £25 contract-free (price goes up to £30 on 17 February). The pass lets you watch BT’s coverage of the EPL, Champions League and more via the BT Sport app on smart TVs, mobiles, tablets, games consoles and Chromecast, as well as via the BT Sport website.
Man City vs Newcastle live streaming in Canada
If you want to live stream the clash at Etihad Stadium in Canada, you’ll need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights for this Premier League season.
FuboTV is the destination for Canadians looking to watch the Premier League this season with exclusive streaming rights for every game. It costs CA$25 per month, though you can save cash by paying quarterly or annually.
Live streaming of Man City vs Newcastle match in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this match on streaming service Optus Sport, which is showing every Premier League match live in Australia this season.
With exclusive rights to show every EPL match live this season, as well as German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga matches, the Optus Sport streaming service is a particularly big draw for Australian football fans.
If you’re already a customer on the Optus network, you can buy Optus Sport at a discounted price, with discounts reducing the price by up to AU$7 per month. If you’re not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at AU$25.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League using a VPN
- With four variables at play — ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN — your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble downloading the game after you’ve enabled your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, sign in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network will now show up in the correct viewing position.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main website for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. Having a VPN on your router will also help here, as both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-protecting browser to connect to your services. We usually recommend Brave.