Things have changed significantly in recent years. We upgraded the HDD/SSD to store more media files a few years ago. People rarely upgrade their storage systems these days as they have cloud photo storage services.
If you don’t know, Cloud Photo Storage services allow you to back up, store, share and access your photos from any device. A better example of Cloud Photo Storage Services is Google Photos that comes built-in on Android smartphones.
Google Photos is one of many on the market that offer free photo storage services. it has many competitors like Dropbox, Amazon Photos, etc.
This article will discuss Amazon Photos and how you can install it on your computer. Let’s explore all about it Amazon Photos cloud service.
What is Amazon Photos?
Amazon Photos is a photo storage service intended for Amazon Prime subscribers. However, it also has a free plan that offers limited cloud storage to store your precious images and videos.
Amazon Photos is less popular than Google Photos or similar services. because Amazon never marketed it properly. Photo storage service needs more exposure to start.
If we talk about the features, the Amazon Photos app can save photos and videos from your computer, phone or any other supported device that is connected to the internet.
Once you upload photos or videos to the photo storage service, you can access them from any device. You must sign in to Amazon Photos on compatible devices and get the memories back.
Download Amazon Photos Desktop App
If you have an Amazon account or are a Prime subscriber, you can download and install the Amazon Photos app on your computer.
The Amazon Photos Desktop app lets you back up and organize your photos from your computer or mobile devices.
The app is free for all users, but Prime Members get additional benefits such as more storage space. Here’s how to download Amazon Photos for desktop.
1. First, open your favorite browser and visit this website. Then click on ‘Download the appbutton ‘.
2. This will download the Amazon photo installer. Run the installer and click on Setting up button.
3. Now you need to wait until the Amazon Photos Desktop app is downloaded and installed on your computer.
4. Once installed, the app will automatically launch and prompt you Sign in. Enter your Amazon account credentials and click Sign In.
5. Now, you will see the welcome screen. You can go through the setting or click Skip Setting button.
6. Finally, after installation, you will see it Amazon Photos main interface Desktop application.
This is! This way you can download the Amazon Photos desktop app to your computer.
How to set up Amazon Photos Desktop backup
If you use a free Amazon account, you’ll get 5GB of photo and video storage. You can save your precious photos in cloud services and access them later from any device by signing in to Amazon Photos.
To backup photos to your Amazon Photos desktop, follow some of the simple steps we’ve shared below.
1. Open the Amazon Photos app for desktop and click on ‘Backup‘.
2. On the Backup screen, you will be prompted to add folders to be automatically backed up. Click on ‘Add a folder to the backup‘ button and select the folders.
3. Then, in Backup Settings, select the backup destination, upload changes, and file type. If you just want to back up photos, select Photos. You can also choose to create backupsPhotos + Video‘ the ‘Everything‘.
4. After making the changes, click on Save button.
5. Now wait for the Amazon Photos desktop app to upload your folder to the cloud storage.
6. You will see the ‘Backup completedsuccess message after upload.
This is! Here’s how to set up and use the Amazon Photos Desktop app. Photos and videos stored in the selected folder will be automatically uploaded to Amazon Photos.
How to access uploaded photos on Amazon Photos?
It’s easy to access your uploaded photos and videos. You just need to use the Amazon Photos app on supported devices to access your media files.
The Amazon Photos app is available for iPhone, Android, Desktop, FireTV and other devices. You must install the app or access the web version of Amazon Photos to view all of your photos and videos.
You can also download the media files stored in Amazon Photos to your devices. Open the Amazon Photos app, select the media file, and select Download.
Can someone see my Amazon Photos account?
Only you can see the media files stored in your Amazon Photos accountt. However, if you intentionally give someone else access to your Amazon account, they will be able to see all the media files uploaded to Amazon Photos.
As a security and privacy best practice, you should avoid sharing your Amazon account with anyone. However, Amazon Photos allows you to share photos or videos via text messages, email, or directly on social media platforms.
Will I lose photos if I cancel my Prime membership?
No, canceling your Amazon Prime subscription will not delete all the photos you’ve uploaded. Once your Prime account is cancelled, your account will be downgraded to the free version and you will have 5GB of storage.
If you already have more than 5GB of photos and videos stored in your Amazon account, you can still access and view them, but you will not be able to upload more.
That’s how easy it is download Amazon Photos for desktop. We’ve also shared steps to set up and use Amazon Photos on a computer. Let us know if you need more help on this topic in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, be sure to share it with your friends.