Los Angeles Angels star Shohei Ohtani hadn’t played for Samurai Japan since he was 21, but faced the Hanshin Tigers in Japan’s first exhibition game before the 2023 World Baseball Classic. He hit a pair of home runs, including a three-run homer in the top of the third inning. Ohtani is one of the top hitters in MLB, but he’s also one of the best pitchers in the league, easily making him the most versatile pick in 2023 Fantasy Baseball drafts. However, his returns can sometimes decrease based on different league formats , so it’s important to check your league’s rules before using one of the 2023 Fantasy Baseball picks on Ohtani.
SportsLine’s ratings are another way to get a head start on your draft picks this month, as they have ranked every major league player in the MLB. Which players are at the top of the 2023 fantasy baseball position rankings? If you are looking for fantasy baseball 2023 tips, be sure to check out the fantasy baseball 2023 cheat sheets from the tested PC model at SportsLine.
Last season, SportsLine’s Projection Model identified several top Fantasy baseball sleepers, breakouts and busts, including Reds first baseman Joey Votto. The SportsLine team has been all over Votto as a Fantasy prospect from the start after a resurgent 2021 season that saw him as one of the top 12 first basemen off the board in 2022 Fantasy baseball drafts. After slashing .266/.375 /.563 with 36 homers and 99 RBI last year, Votto slashed .205/.319/.370 with 11 home runs and 41 RBI in 2022. He finished outside the top 45 players at his position, and anyone following SportsLine’s advice avoided a big headache.
Their model is powered by the same people who powered the projections for all three major Fantasy sites. And that same team shares its 2023 Fantasy baseball rankings and cheat sheets with SportsLine, helping you find Fantasy baseball sleepers, breakouts and busts well before your competition. Their cheat sheets, available for leagues on many major sites, are updated multiple times each day.
Whenever more MLB news comes out about the updated 2023 MLB schedule or Fantasy baseball injuries, the SportsLine team updates their predictions. Head over to SportsLine now to check out these proven Fantasy Baseball cheat sheets.
2023 Fantasy Baseball Top 3B Rankings
Here’s a look at SportsLine’s top three picks for 2023 Fantasy baseball 3B:
1. Jose Ramirez, Cleveland Guardians: Ramirez was one of the most consistent players in the game last season and had a great start to the season in March and April. In his first 21 starts, he hit .342 and had a 1.133 OPS. He finished the season as the American League leader in doubles (44) along with a career-high 126 RBI.
2. Manny Machado, San Diego Padres: Now that he’s signed a huge contract to stay in San Diego, he’s expected to be a producer. He surpassed the 30-homer plateau (32) last season for the first time since 2019 and finished with his most hits (172) since 2018. He also had 37 doubles, his highest total in seven years, and finished one shy of matching his career high for total bases with 159.
3. Nolan Arenado, St. Louis Cardinals: The Cardinals have had some strong third basemen over the years, and Arenado has risen to the challenge of carrying the torch. He was an All-Star in each of his first two seasons in St. Louis and can be credited with at least 30 home runs and 100+ RBI. He finished with 42 doubles last season and was second in wins above replacement (7.9) among players. See more of Fantasy baseball’s top third basemen here.
Top 2023 Fantasy baseball LF rankings
Here’s a look at SportsLine’s top three 2023 Fantasy baseball LF picks:
1. Kyle Schwarber, Philadelphia Phillies: While strikeouts are certainly a frustrating element of Schwarber’s game, his production more than makes up for it. He played 155 games last season, leading the National League in home runs (46) while scoring 100 runs and driving in 94 more. Schwarber also quietly added 10 stolen bases, adding to his value as the top left fielder in Fantasy baseball.
2. Kris Bryant, Colorado Rockies: Bryant played in just 42 games during the 2022 season because of plantar fasciitis, but the 31-year-old is healthy heading into the 2023 campaign. He signed a $182 million contract with Colorado before last season , so the Rockies are counting on his production to lead the team this year. Bryant hit 25 home runs, drove in 73 runs and finished with a .353 OBP in 144 games between Chicago and San Francisco in 2021.
3. Randy Arozarena, Tampa Bay Rays: The 27-year-old may not have the same power as Schwarber, but he stole 32 bases for the Rays last season. He added 20 home runs, 89 RBI and 72 runs, while also improving his strikeout-to-walk ratio from 2021. Arozarena has proven to be more than a one-hit wonder, making him one of SportsLine’s top Fantasy Baseball picks this the season. Check out more top fantasy baseball right fielders and be sure to check out the fantasy baseball levels for each position here.
How to find proven fantasy baseball ratings 2023 tips
SportsLine’s model is also high on a surprising starting pitcher who is in the top 10 of his rankings. This player is just coming off the board in the top 125 picks, but is projected to surpass rookies like Aaron Nola, Shane McClanahan and Brandon Woodruff. That pick could be the difference between winning the championship or going home with nothing. You can only see who is here.
So what should the 2023 fantasy baseball levels look like, and when exactly should you target each position? And which starting pitcher comes from off-the-radar to finish as one of the top 10 players at his position? Visit SportsLine now to get the 2023 Fantasy baseball rankings for each position, all from the model that called Joey Votto’s disappointing season and find out.